We’d like to recognize our Lemoine Wellness Champion of the Month for October – Travis Priour!
For those of you who don’t know, Travis started with Lemoine in January 2019 as a Project Manager. He is currently working on our Lafayette Airport project.
To stay healthy, Travis makes healthy choices for meals and snacks, “though I do throw in a cheat meals here and there”. He avoids eating out for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Travis and his wife cook healthy dinner recipes 5-6 days a week to which he brings leftovers for lunch the following day. He can better control his portions and the food he eats by having it prepared in advance. He also avoids soda and caffeine and chooses to drink water, Gatorade (low/zero sugar) and milk.
When asking Travis what motivates him to stay active and healthy, he says:
- to prolong my lifespan and be there for my wife and kids as long as I can
- stress management
- mental sharpness and drive
- maintaining personal discipline that transfers over into other tasks during the day
- overall feeling of great well-being, self-esteem, and the enjoyment of exercise
- being physically able to accomplish any demanding tasks
- lower medical costs and reduced health risks caused by poor diet and exercise
- by putting in the work, I don’t feel guilty for splurging on good food (sometimes unhealthy) that I enjoy
When asking Travis to give advice about living a healthy lifestyle, he says “The benefits of living healthy far outweigh the risks of not that it would be better decision to choose to, anyway someone could, develop a positive approach to diet and exercise if they have not. Referring back to my list above, those are only a few of the many benefits that come from living a healthy lifestyle”.
Awesome job, Travis! We are so proud of you! Keep striving to be a healthier version of yourself every day!