Accredited Quality Contractor
The Lemoine Company has been designated by Associated Builders and Contractors as an Accredited Quality Contractor. Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), founded in 1950, is a national construction industry trade association representing 20,000+ chapter members. The Program recognizes and honors construction firms which have documented their commitment in four key corporate responsibilities: Safety, Employee Benefits, Training and Community Relations.
ABC’s Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) award recognizes members who employ effective safety practices on their job sites, and are based on 20 key components of contractor safety programs such as management commitment, pre-planning for safety on job sites, safety training and resources committed to safety.
This ABC program, in partnership with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), is designed to create a three prong attack on the task of improving safety in our workplace. These awards recognize the company’s commitment, our safety statistics and includes a tough, honest and complete audit of its safety program. Lemoine is poised to have received this certification since 2000, holding the highest level achievable, Diamond, since 2017.
ABC Excellence in Construction
The ABC Excellence in Construction Awards program has become one of the most prestigious competitions in the industry. Winners are honored and recognized as “the best of the best” in our industry. Projects are judged by a cross section of the construction industry, including architects, owners, construction college deans, government officials and other construction leaders. We are extremely proud of the following projects which have placed in the Excellence in Construction competition:
National Eagle Award of Excellence
National Pyramid Awards of Excellence
Chapter Awards of Excellence
- Nicholson Gateway Development, 2019
- Ovey Comeaux High School Performing Arts Academy, 2019
- LSU Patrick Taylor Hall, 2018
- The Center for Coastal and Deltaic Solutions, 2018
- M.L. “Tigue” Moore Field Renovation + Russo Park at UL, 2017
- University of Louisiana at Lafaeytte Athletics – Tier I, 2016
- Bristow – Galliano Expansion, 2016
- Motiva Multi-Purpose Facility, 2016
- Delgado Maritime and Industrial Training Center, 2016
- Baton Rouge Mixed Use Development, 2015
- Lafayette General Medical Center Emergency Department and Surgery Expansion, 2015
- Plaquemines Parish Detention Center, 2015
- LSU Tiger Stadium South End Zone Expansion, 2014
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette Student Union Renovations & Additions, 2015
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette Student Housing, 2013
- Acadiana Center for the Arts, 2012
- Lafayette General Surgical Hospital Addition and Renovations, 2012
- LSU Business Education Complex, 2012
- James Devin Moncus Medical Office Building, 2012
- Our Lady of Lourdes Campus Relocation, 2011
- Neuromedical Hospital and Office Building, 2005
- Shaw Center for the Arts, 2005
- Ascension Day School Gymnasium & Classroom Space, 2004
- First Baptist Church of Lafayette, 2004
- LaSalle Building, 2001
- U.S. Federal Courthouse, 1999
Engineering News Record Best Projects
ENR’s ‘Best Projects’ recognizes the nation’s best achievements in design and construction across 16 categories. The panel of judges represents architects, engineers and general contractors who are all active industry members. The competition seeks to recognize those projects which overcame significant challenges, adopted innovative approaches, executed exceptional design and craftsmanship, and maintained safe environments.
Lafayette General Medical Center Tower Renovation, Lafayette, Louisiana, 2012
Hinging on ENR’s annual Best Projects competition, the Excellence in Safety award focuses on the safety elements behind each entry and recognizes those projects which exemplify outstanding safety programs, OSHA recordable incident rates, lost time accident rates and total man hours on the job.
First published in 1980, Lemoine is routinely recognized in Modern Healthcare’s Construction and Design Survey. Providing important information on construction and design firms that do business within the healthcare industry, companies are required to be U.S. based and have 100,000 SF of healthcare works in the previous year.
EY Entrepreneur of the Year
Lenny Lemoine, CEO of The Lemoine Company, was recognized as the EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019 Award in the hospitality, housing, and construction category in the Gulf Coast Area.
For more than 30 years, the annual awards recognize leading entrepreneurs who break the mold to create new solutions, innovations, and possibilities that redefine how we live, work, and play. The judging panel is comprised of previous award winners, leading CEOs, investors, and other regional business leaders.
Louisiana Contractor’s Best of Awards
Judges Award – Top Design Project of the Year
Shaw Center for the Arts, 2003
Judges Award in Design
Award of Excellence – Renovation/ Restoration
Cox Communications Academic Center for Student Athletes, 2003
Other Project Awards and Recognition
The Shaw Center for the Arts was recognized in ARTINFO magazine as one of “the world’s best new buildings”. It was selected as the world’s best multi-purpose arts building as written by C. C. Sullivan. Architectural Record magazine featured a six page article on The Shaw Center for the Arts in its June 2005 issue.
The Times Silver Rivet Award Winners
Schilling Distributing Company, 2004
University Art Museum of University of Louisiana at Lafayette, 2009
Theodore G. Schad Jr. Business Award
The Times 2003 Theodore G. Schad Jr. Business Achievement Award for commitment to excellence, 2003