We’d like to recognize our Lemoine Wellness Champion of the Month for October- Andrew Sexton!
For those of you who don’t know, Andrew began working with us in November of 2002 as an Office Engineer and has since transitioned into the Vice President
of Lemoine Disaster Recovery, LLC. Andrew is currently working on expanding Lemoine’s footprint in the Texas market.
Andrew practices a dietary program known as “Ideal Protein”: A Medically Developed Ketogenic Weight Loss Protocol. He found an Ideal Protein coach in Texas
and started one week at a time. After 12 weeks in the program, Andrew has lost between 45-50 pounds. His weight loss goal is to lose
a total of 70 pounds and from there, begin to lift weights again.
One of the challenges that Andrew faced during his journey was the extreme pace of the Texas Preps Program that lasted from May to June of this year. He
explained that it was difficult to feel fully rested. After tracking his sleep with his Fitbit device, he realized that the 5-7 hours he thought he
was getting every night, turned out to only be between 2.5-4 hours. He then discovered that he had severe sleep apnea and got a CPAP machine to help
him at night. Once finally resting, Andrew was motivated to make significant changes, like starting his health journey.
Andrew describes, “It was like a fog was lifted off my brain”.
Andrew received the results of his bloodwork from our recent company-wide wellness screening. The results were better than they had ever been. Andrew says
he feels so much better and has more mental capacity to complete the things he wants to do. He says, “I have a very happy wife and I am able to do a lot more with my kids”.
Here is more information about the Ideal Protein Protocol from idealprotein.com:
- It’s a medically developed 4-phase protocol containing two key components: (1) Weight Loss and (2) Healthier Lifestyle Education
- The Phases can be broken down into the following steps:
- Phase 1: Ketogenic Diet
- Phase 2: Learning the Fundamentals of Food & Your Body
- Phase 3: Smarter Eating Habits and Better Lifestyle Living
- Phase 4: Maintaining Your Ideal Weight and the New You!
- In 2013, Obesity was labeled as a disease. 70% of Americans (20 years or older) are overweight or obese.
- The Protocol ends up (in most cases) being neutral in cost. Meaning that you’re simply redirecting the money spent on bad habits to invest in good, healthy options. It averages about $5/meal or $15/day including supplements.
- Resources available include:
- IdealSmart: App, Fitness Band, Scale, & Online Portal
- Online Recipes as well as their own Product Selections
- Success Stories, Blogs, and more
Congratulations, Andrew, on achieving your goal and striving every day to be a healthier you!